Suffering an Unfair Job Loss is Tough, our california employment attorneys can help.

K-1 Fiancee of U.S. Citizen

What are K-1 Fiancé Visas?

A K-1 fiancée visa is reserved for foreign fiancés of American citizens.


Marriage must take place within 90 days of the fiancé's entry intthe U.S. The marriage must be legal in the state in which it is held. The twpeople involved must have met at least once over the last twyears in person (exceptions may apply), and the American citizen must file a Petition for Alien Fiancé on behalf of his or her betrothed.

Other requirements for the fiancé
  • Fiancée must be vaccinated according tU.S. immigration law stipulations.
  • Fiancé must enter the country through a known port of entry for U.S. immigrants.
  • If K-1 fiancée visa holder leaves the country prior tgetting married, he or she may not reenter on the same visa.
  • Certain activities, statements, or other conditions can render an immigrant ineligible for the visa, such as:
    • If he or she has overstayed a previous U.S. visa;
    • If he or she has been involved in drug trading or polygamy;
    • If he or she has advocated sedition or the overthrow of the U.S. government;
    • If he or she has sent in fraudulent immigration documents;
    • If he or she has tested positive for HIV or AIDS.
  • NOTE: Ineligibility can be fought and potentially waived.
  • For a complete list of regulations, see the Foreign Affairs Manual through the website of the U.S. Department of State.
Help with your K-1 visa petition

Whether you're a U.S. citizen who's having difficulty understanding the K-1 visa process, or you're a foreign national whhas concerns about eligibility requirements, the top caliber attorneys at Howard Law can help. We have a great track record with immigration issues. Visit us at, or call 1 (800) 872-5925 to get your burning questions about the K-1 visa process answered.