Moreno Valley, California
Workers who became sick or injured due to a work incident often rely on a workers compensation lawyer Moreno Valley, CA locals recommend from Howard Law, P.C. We provide clients with aggressive and effective legal services. There can be severe consequences for employers who fail to obtain workers compensation insurance. Below are some of the responsibilities that employers have when it comes to providing workers compensation benefits for injured employees. If you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact a workers compensation lawyer Moreno Valley, CA community members trust from our firm.Exempt Companies
Most states require an employer to buy insurance from a workers compensation insurance carrier for their employees. Small companies with only a few employees may be exempt from having to purchase workers injury insurance. If your employer does not have workers compensation insurance, talk to a Moreno Valley, CA workers compensation lawyer from our firm to discover your legal options for recovering your damages.Employer Responsibilities
In most states, an employer must provide every employee with workers compensation coverage. A workers compensation lawyer in Moreno Valley, CA from our firm can confirm if your employer is responsible for the following:
- Posting proof of compliance with workers compensation laws in an obvious place at every job location (typically in break room areas).
- Providing medical emergency treatment for any employee that suffers from an injury or illness while on the job.
- Completing a report that lists details of the injury and submit it to a local workers compensation office. A copy of this report shall also be sent to the employer’s insurance company. Any employer who fails to file an injury report may face substantial fines or be guilty of a misdemeanor.
- Maintaining a report of each employee’s injury that results in loss of time from his or her regular job duties.
- Maintaining a report of accidents that required more extensive medical treatment than standard first aid.
- Maintaining a report of injured employees who needed more than two treatments by a doctor or medical professional for their illness or injury.
- Complying with a request for more information regarding an injury, sent from either a workers compensation board or insurance company.
During a workers compensation claim process, an employer may become resentful towards their employee for pursuing treatment of an injury or illness. However, regardless of how an employer feels about a workers compensation claim they must handle the incident professionally and without negligence. Employers are prohibited from discriminating against, punishing, or firing employees who choose to take advantage of their workers compensation law rights. Employees are permitted to file a civil action against an employer for any sort of retaliating behavior. Employees who feel they have been retaliated against might consider consulting with a workers compensation lawyer Moreno Valley, CA residents prefer from Howard Law, P.C. We can help you decide what steps to take next in order to hold your employer liable for their harmful and unlawful actions.
Do not wait to consult with a workers compensation lawyer Moreno Valley, CA victims turn to for help as you may only have a certain period of time to take action. Call us now at 800-872-5925 to schedule your free appointment for a case evaluation with a workers compensation lawyer Moreno Valley, CA offers.